Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Serial rape and murder accused Jack Mogale told the High Court in Johannesburg on Wednesday that he knew nothing of the rape, murder and kidnapping charges against him.
“I know nothing about these matters,” he replied to a question by defence counsel advocate Buhle Madondo.
Mogale faces 61 charges of, among other things, rape, murder and kidnapping carried out in Westonaria and Lenasia in 2008 and 2009.
Madondo also asked Mogale about the events of March 17 2008, when he left Westonaria Magistrate's Court after a case against him was postponed.
The court previously heard that he was on a train when he bumped into Emelina Mhangwani, a woman he later allegedly assaulted, robbed of her cellphone, raped and killed.
Judge Frans Kgomo asked Mogale if he remembered speaking to Mhangwani.
Mogale said: “I was very tired after attending court. When people talk to me I do not remember it. I don't remember talking to anyone on my way home.”
Wearing a blue, collared shirt without a tie, he rocked back and forth while on the stand.
“I alighted at Waterworks station, from there I went home,” he said. -
Sapa

No comments:

Post a Comment